Communications and Media Associate (Part Time)
We are seeking a communications intern to assist the programs and development team. An important focus of this team is to drive awareness and encourage engagement with our mission. The Intern will develop media for the CyArk website and social media channels to connect with our existing followers and grow our audience. The intern will work with CyArk’s existing photo and video library to curate content and create new social media posts.
- Own overall social media strategy for CyArk, including leveraging partners and increasing engagement across our community.
- Report on social media metrics, identifying trends in results and opportunities for continued improvement
- Oversee content development for all social media channels, working closely with our production team and CyArk field team.
- Review incoming media from CyArk field expeditions to create an edited portfolio of selects for use in social media posting.
- Aggregate content and write copy for quarterly newsletter.
- Work with Production team to produce and edit short form videos that communicate CyArk’s mission with the world.
Skills and Other Requirements:
- Passion for social media and brand storytelling
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Data-driven mindset with the ability to leverage relevant metrics
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with internal staff and external partners
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Comfort with Photoshop or other photo editing software
- Ability to edit and create video content
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Communications and Media Associate in the title. In your cover please tell us why you’re interested in working for CyArk. Due to the volume of inquiries we receive, we will only respond directly to your application if your qualifications meet our selection criteria.